Toys are important for cats. They are a great way to get them to exercise and to stop playing with your furniture, curtains, and other inappropriate things.
Catnip toys combine both benefits of toys and catnip. Catnip refers to herbs that engage and relax your cat. They have a sedative and psychoactive effect on most felines. Your cat becomes more playful, excited, agitated, or sleepy after inhaling some catnip. The catnip helps them relax by reducing their stress levels and encourages them to play.
Catnip toys are one of the ways to give your lovely feline some catnip. The toys could have the catnip stuffed in the toys or rubbed on the surface.
We found so many catnip toys in the market and curated the top five. Here is our list of the five best catnip toys.
- SmartyKat Friends Crinkle and Catnip Cat Toy
We love this colorful toy that comes with feathers, crinkles, and string to engage your cat in play. It also produces sounds that will excite your kitty.
- Made from eco-friendly material that will not harm your cat
- Free of pesticides and any harmful chemicals
- Has unique designs
- Comes in a variety of bright colors that make it easy for your cat to locate them
One disadvantage is that the toys are not that durable. But with that price-point, you can replace the toys when they get worn out.
Costs: $3.99 on Amazon Prime
- Hart2 Just For Cats Cat Toy
This is a budget-friendly catnip toy package that comes with a set of 12 mice. The catnip is stuffed in each mouse for a long-lasting scent. The premium catnip lasts much longer than other catnip toys. You also get your value for money, given that the toy set can last for a long time.
- It is budget-friendly.
- Comes in bright colors to attract your cat
- Versatile use of the mice. You can tie them, hide them in the house for a game of hide-n-seek, or let your cat swat them around.
- The mice are durable and lightweight, making it ideal for very playful or destructive kittens.
- If your cat hates noise, this toy is ideal.
Costs: $ 4.49 on Amazon Prime
- Pestages Catnip and Dental Health Cat Toys
This is a bright-colored toy filled with catnip. It comes in different shapes such as avocado and bananas and is great for swatting and batting. It also helps to grow your cat’s pouncing skills.
The toys are covered in mesh fabric that helps clean your kitty’s teeth and remove tartar. It’s also great for kittens in their nibbling or teething stage.
We recommend that you buy the stuffed shapes instead of the chew wheel, which is less durable. It is also a good idea to roll the toy in your hands first to break up the catnip inside and open up that scent.
- It is lightweight
- Comes in different shapes
- Made of eco-friendly material
- The mesh fabric is great for your cat’s dental health
- The stuffing is filled with catnip, which lasts longer than toys.
Costs: From $3.19 on Amazon Prime
- Yeowww! Catnip Toy, Yellow Banana
We love this #7 Amazon Bestseller with 100% organic catnip. This bright yellow banana-shaped toy is great for cats that want to chew or bite their toys. It is also suitable for kittens in the teething stage. The catnip lasts longer than other toys because it is stuffed inside.
- Uses 100% organic catnip from the flowers and leaves
- It is durable
- Made of eco-friendly material (twill)
- Does not use chemical dyes. Its natural dyes are made from vegetables and soy.
- Great for cats that want to chew and for kittens in the teething stage.
Costs: $5.99 on Amazon Prime
- Molly’s Mice Handmade Catnip Toy
Your cat will love this handmade toy from England. The catnip stuffing is 100% high-strength, organic from the leaves and flowers. The outer covering is made from 100% cotton, making it quite safe for your kitty.
The only drawback is that the toy is not refillable. Even after use, you can still hang it in your home as decorations.
- Comes in 7 different colors
- Made of 100% cotton
- Stuffed with high-strength, organic catnip
Costs: $5.26 (3.99) on Amazon UK
Most cats love playing with catnip toys. The toys are stuffed with catnip for some relaxation. Our 5 best catnip toys come in different colors, sizes, and shapes. The catnip keeps your kitty focused on the toys instead of the curtains and furniture. Two from our list even promote your kitty’s dental health. The stuffed catnip is in safe quantities and is a great way to spoil and relax your lovely cats.