- Cost For Lastpass
- Cost Of Lastpass Premium
- Lastpass Cost Per Year Vs
- Upgrade Lastpass Premium To Family
LastPass Free vs Premium – which one to choose? Are you looking for a comparative guide on LastPass Free vs LastPass Premium account? We have compared both of them here.
Families: $48/year — Supports up to six users and adds unlimited shared folders and a family manager dashboard. Both paid plans have a 30-day free trial. Individual accounts $36 per year (single account) — A single premium account runs for $36 per year (plus tax). You may see it as $3 per month in some adverts. $36 per year averages out to that, but. LastPass employs local-only encryption, which means that only you (with your master password) can decrypt and access your data. We’ve implemented AES-256 bit encryption with PBKDF2 SHA-256 and per-user salted hashes to ensure complete security in the cloud. LastPass Premium, $36/year. Adds monitoring for data breaches that implicate your email address, a security score rating your passwords, expanded two-factor authentication with USB security keys.
Cost For Lastpass
If you have used LastPass once there is a chance that you have wondered if there is any new feature in the Premium account or if there is any difference between LastPass Free vs Premium account. Seems like there are subtle but very important differences between them and we will cover the important features in this post. Before beginning the LastPass free vs premium comparison lets look into common features of each of the accounts:
Features of LastPass FREE accounts:
- Only one Allowed device type (if you signed up on an iPhone you can’t use it on your Mac or vice versa
- Shared by one individual
- Password save and auto-fill forms
- Generate Strong Password
- Secure Notes saving option
- Security Challenge analyzes all of your saved password
- Multi-factor authentication
Advanced features of LastPass Premium account:
- Share passwords to your close friend or family member
- Emergency Access allows specified family member to use your vault after a fixed wait time
- Advanced multi-factor works with other password applications
- Priority tech support
- Upto 1 GB file stored securely with encryption
LastPass free vs premium comparison
|LastPass Free||LastPass Premium|
|One to One Password Sharing||One to Many Password Sharing|
|Free Plan doesn't have Emergency access||Emergency Access|
|No file storage||1GB encrypted file|
|Doesn't have priority support if you face issue||Priority Technical Support|
|Supports Google/Microsoft authenticator||All free authenticator plus Yubico, Fingerprint/smartcard, Sesame|
|Costs nothing||Costs 24$ per year|
LastPass Free account limitation
LastPass free account doesn’t allow you to use LastPass more than one type of device same as StickyPassword. What this means is that suppose you have created account on your Android, then you won’t be able to sync the passwords on your iPhone and vice versa.
On the other hand, premium accounts allow you to sync between any type of devices.
LastPass Free allows you to use all type of free authenticator like Google Authenticator , Microsoft Authenticator etc.
- LastPass Authenticator – Generates one time verification codes or sends push notifications to your smart phone.
- Google Authenticator – Generates one time verification codes on your smart phone. Can also be used with Microsoft Authenticator.
- Toopher – Sends push notifications to your smart phone to verify your login.
- Duo Security – Generates one time verification codes or sends push notifications to your smart phone.
- Transakt – Sends an Accept/Reject notification to your smart phone.
- Grid – Printable spreadsheet of numbers and letters used to enter different values when logging in.
LastPass Premium allows you to use the above authenticator software plus YubiKey,Fingerprint / Smart Card, Sesame.
- YubiKey – USB device that generates one time verification codes.
- Fingerprint / Smart Card – Support for fingerprint sensors and card readers.
- Sesame – Software application that can be placed on a USB key to generate one time verification codes.
LastPass Premium feature – Shared with other
Cost Of Lastpass Premium
This feature allows you to share all access or some specific folders’ access to someone. It is pretty straightforward , from the left Menu click on “Sharing Center“.
This is one of the important differences between LastPass free and LastPass premium. In free accounts you don’t have this feature. When you signup for an account you get the premium features free for 30 days and after 30 days there features are turned off automatically.
LastPass free vs Premium – Emergency access
This feature is also not available with the free accounts. You can share all of your passwords with someone in case of an emergency e.g. you are going abroad for a vacation or such. Your emergency contact email will be able to use all of the sites that you have added with LastPass.
Lastpass Cost Per Year Vs
So, these were the basic differences between LastPass free and LastPass premium. Having 1 GB of important file backup with encryption and other sharing option, the premium account is worth every penny.LastPass has two other premium package i.e. LastPass Corporate and LastPass Family. These are same as premium with advanced feature to manage other members accounts from one Admin Panel. If you have any concern you can write below and we will try to help you out.